Microsoft Project

There are 3 entries for the tag Microsoft Project

“No transport” or “Access is denied” errors in a Microsoft Project Add-in

It’s a new year and apparently that means it’s time to get back and spend some more time working on MS Project Add-ins. The previous one was incredibly useful and I needed to make a couple of modifications so I could re-use the same approach for a new project. The new version needed to hit a different endpoint (no VersionOne this time, yay!), but otherwise needed to get similar data and do similar stuff. I thought it was going to be incredibly simple (and it was in the end), but I ended up getting caught by an odd piece...

A Collection of OneNote links

I’m finding myself using OneNote more and more over the last year or so. The fact that there are native clients for PC, OSX, and iOS, and that they’re *good* clients makes it a really nice tool for anyone who wants to track notes/tasks/other stuff and uses a mix of Windows, OSX and iOS devices. Oh, and it’s free too if you’re concerned about costs. Over the past weeks I’ve bookmarked a number of OneNote related links. Here they are collated for your compressed reading pleasure, and it’s only now that I’ve noticed that a number of them come...

Creating a Microsoft Project 2013 App that accesses the VersionOne API (and other systems)

This is a strange post to write as the combined topics are things only likely to appeal to a select few people on this planet. Nonetheless, it was an interesting mix of technologies and frustration points, so I'm writing it up in the hope that someone else out there finds it interesting. Introduction I'm currently involved in a project where I'm using Microsoft Project 2013 (client only, no Project Server) to help manage things for an external customer. There's a couple of key systems that I need data from to support the project plan, one is our...